AI in copywriting and communication: how, why, and when we’re using artificial intelligence.October 19, 2023
How to celebrate National Storytelling WeekJanuary 26, 2024
It’s been another cracker of a year here at Wordsmiths, with the team having worked on a really tree-mendous range of projects.
As we wrap up the year, here are a few of our headlines and highlights.
- 1.7m words written for clients
- 50% new clients
- 86% of Awards Writers entries on shortlists
- Three new team members, including our new permanent Head of Detail, Romey Norton
- Four major web projects, delivering more than 200 pages of copy
- Five brand and positioning projects
…and a partridge in a pear tree! (Only joking. We don’t have partridges, just a range of dogs who variously sleep behind our chairs then jump up in outrage when we dare to move, bark at the postman or anyone else who dares to darken our door, and/or snore loudly during Teams calls.)
More projects, bigger scope
We’ve worked on much bigger projects this year, by design, and have been delighted to support some brilliant organisations as they refresh their brand or redesign their website.
Working with a handful of other creative agencies with values similar to ours and supporting large comms and marketing teams has gifted us some brilliant collaborative projects. A few stand-outs include:
- Supporting the University of Hull with refreshed content for its post-graduate course pages. We’re in the middle of the next project working with their comms and marketing team on looking at the undergraduate online journey
- Working with our partner agency Cast on a new brand and tone of voice for GECKO Homes, plus implementing the new way of writing across its new website, development information and customer journey materials
- Continuing to support a large government organisation’s communications and marketing team with strategic communications expertise, and proofing their major documents such as the annual report and gender pay gap report
- Kicking off a brand repositioning project with another partner agency, Darkhorse Design, supporting a membership organisation to review and refresh its visual and written brand, alongside reviewing its positioning, key messages and values
- Supporting IT experts Economit with a refresh and repositioning of their visual and written brand, a new website and client collateral
Adding Romey Norton, our permanent Head of Detail, to the team has helped things behind the scenes as she gets to grips with keeping everything running smoothly. She’s the glue that holds a lot of our projects together, supporting chief wordsmith Louise and deputy chief wordsmith Kat on project management and all of the other little details that Louise can’t cope with!
As always, our associate team flexes depending on the team’s availability and choices about whether they take on extended contract work. That’s the joy of having an associate role, but having a broad team with lots of experience also enables us to respond to client needs with just the right people. We’ve been pleased to add some fresh talent to the team this year and are always looking to speak to other copywriters and communications experts, so if you know anyone, do gift us an introduction.
We hope you’ve had an equally fabulous year, and that you have a good break ahead, spending time with those who mean most to you.
So that the team can have a proper rest, the Wordsmiths office will close at lunchtime on Friday 22 December, reopening on 2 January.
Merry Christmas and have a fa-bauble-ous New Year.